At Ian McNamee & Partner Real Estate we are committed to protecting the privacy and security of the identifiable information and bound by the National Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988.
Those principles regulate most of our activities with respect to personal information collected, stored, used and disclosed by us.
Personal Information means information or an opinion whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an individual, whose identity is apparent or can reasonably be ascertained from the information or opinion.
Sensitive information means personal information or opinion about an individuals racial or ethnic origin; political opinions; membership of a political association; religious beliefs or affiliations; philosophical beliefs; membership of a professional or trade association; membership of a trade union; sexual preferences or practices; criminal record or health information.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect personal information when you send us emails, submit queries to us, or submit various forms through our website. This is so that we can reply to your queries or requests for service. You may provide personal information to us to receive information about products or services offered through this website to receive newsletters or become involved in other initiatives commenced by us. This personal information may include details such as your name, contact information, products and services you are interested in or require more information about. If you purchase or request products and services from us we may also request your preferences for receiving further marketing or promotional material.
The choice of how much information you provide to us is yours. We seek this information either to process your request for information and provide that information to you, to improve the quality of our products and services or to assist you to determine which products and services best meet your needs.
1.1 We do not collect personal information unless the information is necessary for us to perform one or more of our functions and/or activities which include:
- (a) To act as the vendors/landlords/purchasers/owners agent and to perform our obligations under the relevant agreement;
- (b) To provide market appraisals to prospective vendors/landlords;
- (c) To inform purchasers and prospective purchasers of properties for sale;
- (d) To verify the identity of a potential tenant, to process and evaluate the application and to manage the tenancy.
1.2 Ian McNamee & Partners collects personal information only by lawful and fair means and not in any unreasonably intrusive way.
1.3 At or before the time (or, if that is not practicable, as soon as practicable after) we collect personal information about you, we take all reasonable steps to ensure that you are aware of:
- (a) any law that requires the information to be collected, for example, any real estate or tax legislation;
- (b) who we are and how to contact us;
- (c) the purposes for which the information is collected and in providing information, you agree to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes; and
- (d) the organisations (or types of organisations) to which we may disclose personal information which includes but is not limited to potential purchasers or vendors; media organisations; on the internet; existing and potential clients; parties engaged to evaluate the property, for example pest and building inspectors; owners corporations; government and statutory bodies; financial institutions; third parties as required by law.
1.4 Where it is reasonable and practicable to do so, we will only collect personal information about you from you.
USE AND DISCLOSURE
2.1 We do not use or disclose personal information about you for a purpose (the secondary purpose) other than the primary purpose of collection unless:
- (a) the secondary purpose is related to the primary purpose of collection and, if the personal information is sensitive information, directly related to the primary purpose of collection; and you would reasonably expect us to use or disclose the information for the secondary purpose; or
- (b) you have consented to the use or disclosure; or
- (c) if the information is not sensitive information and the use of the information is for the secondary purpose of direct marketing:
- (i) it is impracticable for us to seek your consent; and
- (ii) you have not made a request to us not to receive direct marketing communications, or
- (d) we believe that the use or disclosure is necessary to assist a law enforcement agency or an agency responsible for government or public security in the performance of their functions.
In each direct marketing communication with you, we will draw to your attention, or prominently display a notice that you may express a wish not to receive any further direct marketing communications; and each written direct marketing communication by us with you sets out our full contact details;
HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
We understand that security of personal information is paramount and we endeavour to take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we hold in our servers is not subject to loss, misuse or unauthorised access or alteration. We also endeavour to take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if it is no longer required. Sometimes information can never be completely destroyed due to technical or accounting requirements, and also in some cases legal responsibilities that will require us to retain some information.
We take reasonable steps to ensure the security of all information we collects from risks such as loss or unauthorised access, destruction, use, modification or disclosure of data. For example, your personal information is maintained in a secure environment which can be accessed only by authorised personnel.
However, no data transmission over the internet or information stored on servers accessible through the internet can be guaranteed to be fully secure. These activities are undertaken at your risk.
ACCESS & CORRECTION
If you ever wish to know what, if any, personal information we hold about you, or you wish to correct any personal information we may hold about you, you may access and correct such information by contacting us via the details provided below.
You are entitled to access personal information we may hold about you. A request to access your information must be directed to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also obtain more information about us and the way in which we manage your personal information, including a copy of the Ian McNamee & Partners Privacy Statement.
You can contact our marketing department between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday (excluding national public holidays) by:
Telephone (02) 6297 5555
Fax (02) 6297 5823
P.O. Box 500 Queanbeyan NSW 2620
A copy of the Detailed Privacy Statement can also be obtained from our website at: www.mcnamee.com.au
Disclaimer – Whilst all care has been taken in compiling information in the Ian McNamee & Partners website and it is provided in good faith, it is not to be relied on as a substitute for professional advice. The information in this website is produced as an information service only. It contains general information only and should not be relied on as a substitute for professional advice. Ian McNamee & Partners accepts no responsibility for the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of the information. For more information contact our office.
Thank you for taking the time to read our Privacy Statement.